Organizations need a platform that is robust and reliable to support high-performance workloads and shifting business needs. Engineered for agility, IBM Power fits those requirements.
In fact, IBM Power received a 99.999% availability rating in a recent ITIC survey. Another ITIC survey also revealed that IBM Power experiences 3.3 minutes or less of unplanned outage due to security issues per year.
To dig a little deeper and better understand how IBM Power fits business needs, we conducted a survey on enterprise infrastructure requirements and the trends IT leaders are seeing in their organizations.
More that 75% of responding organizations report that artificial intelligence (AI) workloads are a part of their business modernization strategy. Power servers excel at running AI workloads with the latest Power E1080 providing 5X faster performance than its predecessor, the Power E980.
Automation and as-a-service offerings also made the list as crucial workloads as organizations look to innovate in the data center to meet shifting business needs.
Where organizations are running their mission-critical workloads is just as important: 50% say their IBM Power infrastructure is on-premise, while 17% run those workloads in the public cloud and 33% implement a hybrid cloud approach.
Most reported needing a secure, reliable cloud experience that offers increased agility. IBM Power provides the framework to modernize AIX and IBM i applications by surrounding them with Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift. IBM Power offers a broad portfolio of private and public cloud solutions, enabling the platform to seamlessly integrate with an organization’s hybrid cloud strategy.
Respondents also reported that performance is equally important as security to their organizations by an even split. Fortunately, the IBM Power platform excels in both regards with an architecture specifically designed for high-performance workloads and robust security features to safeguard sensitive data.
How IBM Power Stands Out
IBM Power stands out as an exceptional infrastructure choice for organizations of all sizes because of these and other unique features:
- Unmatched Performance: Superior processing power, memory bandwidth, and I/O throughput enable unmatched performance. The Power architecture is specifically designed for high-performance workloads like AI, big data analytics, and mission-critical applications. It’s no wonder that half of surveyed clients cite performance as their most important factor for high-performance workloads.
- Scalability and Flexibility: IBM Power infrastructure offers a modular design, which means it can seamlessly scale to meet evolving capacity requirements and changing business needs. Adding additional compute power, memory, or storage is simple and straightforward.
- Reliability and Availability: A redundant design and advanced error detection and correction mechanisms maximize uptime and minimize the risk of system failures. This reliability is vital for organizations that cannot tolerate costly downtime or data loss.
- Security and Data Protection: For 50% of surveyed clients, security is paramount for their high-performance workloads. Power Systems leverages an advanced software stack, including PowerSC and PowerVM Secure Boot, to safeguard sensitive data from bad actors and cyber security threats. Built-in encryption capabilities further ensure data integrity and confidentiality at all levels.
- Broad Software Ecosystem: A full stack of operating systems, databases, middleware, and applications allow organizations to tailor solutions to their specific needs.
- Cost-Effectiveness: The IBM Power platform boasts industry-leading energy efficiency, which not only reduces operational costs but also conserves resources. In addition, the scalability and flexibility of IBM Power allows organizations to align their infrastructure expenses with their evolving computing requirements to reduce total cost of ownership.
By choosing IBM Power, organizations can accelerate business transformation with a secure, scalable, and reliable platform for their high-performance workloads, thereby gaining a competitive edge in today’s dynamic business landscape.
The Right Partner for IBM Power
With careful consideration, you can select an enterprise-class platform that empowers your organization’s growth, efficiency, and innovation.
That’s where Evolving Solutions comes in. For nearly three decades, we have helped guide clients toward technology solutions that address business needs today and for years to come. Our experts have cumulative decades of experience with IBM technology and are uniquely positioned to help clients understand the benefits of the IBM Power Systems platform. We are here to guide you to the right IT infrastructure solution that will meet your organization’s unique needs. Ready to get started? Let’s talk.