In a rapidly evolving digital landscape, staying ahead of the curve is crucial. Organizations that can adapt, with resilience, security, performance, and speed will succeed.
At Evolving Solutions, we believe that addressing these trends will help shape the Modern Operations environment organizations need to thrive.
- AI in the Spotlight: Create adaptable IT platforms that support business priorities. AI dominates conversations, driving organizations to create strategies that support business priorities and drive better outcomes, much like cloud’s impact 15 years ago. IT must align with the evolving AI landscape, emphasizing flexible platforms amid disruption and regulatory changes. The rise of generative AI in IT operations enhances adaptability. Integrating Generative AI into IT tools is critical, simplifying programming and enabling natural language instructions. In AI strategy development, infrastructure assumes a central role, supporting model training and deployment, especially at the edge for rapid, low-latency decision-making.
- Shifting Regulatory Landscape: Address organizational risk by understanding expanding technology regulations. The rapid advancement of technology is outpacing regulatory frameworks, fundamentally shifting the risk landscape for organizations. To effectively navigate these changes, organizations must grasp the nuances of data privacy legislation, comply with evolving AI guidelines, and stay vigilant amid dynamic changes in cybersecurity regulations. The absence of national standard, coupled with state-specific data privacy rules, adds complexity. This lack of uniformity places the burden on organizations to proactively develop comprehensive plans from both an organizational and an IT perspective.
- AIOps: Ensure the correct data access and ownership while accelerating insights. The value of AIOps lies in efficiently gathering, analyzing, and responding to vast IT operations data. The challenge is the ongoing battle for data access and ownership, with various providers vying for supremacy in owning the analytics that accompany this data – from APM to Security. Unifying this diverse information for analytics and abstracting insights for IT stakeholders, including security specialists, operations, and developers, is crucial. Generative AI tools in IT operations provide the key. They enable natural language interactions and code generation, automating processes traditionally reliant on human intervention. The integration of automation with observability tools can help streamline workflows, enabling intelligent responses to security threats. These steps will ensure correct data access and ownership, making AIOps indispensable in modern IT environments.
- The Drive to Automation: Build a foundation for IT success and realize full value. Automation is crucial, playing a pivotal role in realizing the value of AI investments. Without automation, the true potential of AI will be unrealized. Its significance goes beyond streamlining tasks. It should be viewed as a powerful tool for addressing technical debt and freeing organizations from outdated systems and processes. It can also serve as the cornerstone for upskilling and reskilling talent, redirecting focus to emerging technologies like AI. The drive to automation intertwines with the other technology trends, unlocking their full value. In the pursuit of IT excellence, strategic automation stands as a linchpin, ensuring a seamless methodology and fostering innovation across the technological landscape.
- FinOps: Measure and report within complex IT environments to optimize results. FinOps can bring substantial business value beyond managing public cloud spend, for which it was created. Today, the reality is that critical workloads persist in on-prem data centers, leading organizations to manage costs in a hybrid environment, which poses unique challenges. The insights gained from applying FinOps principles in a hybrid environment can be exceptionally valuable. Beyond optimizing spending, FinOps drives a cultural shift and establishes operational norms, aligning technology, finance, and operations for financial accountability and insights. Automation is a critical enabler in this scenario, providing a seamless methodology for tracking and optimizing financial investments across environments. As technology leaders take on multifaceted roles, including financial leadership, integrating FinOps becomes pivotal for measuring outcomes that drive business growth.
- Zero Trust: Expand and operationalize the framework to mitigate risk. Enabling Zero Trust, where trust extends to no one and nothing, remains a critical challenge to ensuring effective business operations and facilitating innovation. The main hurdle is making the Zero Trust framework actionable, requiring the right combination of tools, processes, and people tailored to an organization’s needs. For IT organizations, expanding Zero Trust to cover interconnected services and microservices in cloud-native architectures presents a significant challenge. Navigating this landscape requires adapting operational capabilities for flexibility and supporting the delivery of minimum viable products, ensuring quick feedback from users and consumers.
- Cyber Resilience: Move from secure to safe in a rapidly changing threat landscape. Cyber resilience goes beyond traditional disaster recovery and business continuity, addressing the deliberate threats from malicious actors to businesses. It focuses on ensuring the continuous availability and security of digital innovations as well as safeguarding data and workloads amid the adoption of SaaS frameworks and AI in an ever-changing threat landscape. The increased threat of ransomware and other malicious attacks has made swift recovery paramount, particularly when aligned to regulatory requirements for reporting material breaches. The ability of IT organizations to swiftly transition from a compromised state to normal operations is becoming one of the most critical components of a modern operations environment.
These trends underscore the importance of a modern operations environment that allows organizations to navigate regulatory challenges, integrate AI seamlessly, implement robust security measures, and optimize financial operations for technology-driven business value.
For more information on Evolving Solutions’ 2024 Top Technology Trends, watch the video or contact Evolving Solutions at [email protected] to schedule time to talk about how we can help you build a Modern Operations environment.